The Black Brightest Day

Four years ago, the day faded to black, and for me it's still being the last time. 

It was in Santiago, Estadio Nacional specifically, and was the time for Black Sabbath to make the night. They started in 1968, and very soon the world knew that a new genre was created. Metal.

I went there with 2 friends, Cristobal and Sergio (school friends) and it supose that my best friend would be there too, but he never came. 

Anyway, there was 2 other bands warming the thing until get dark, so then, in the middle of the night an emblem appeared covered by flames and exploded the scream of the crowd. I was 30 meters away from stage, and the crowd moved one side to the other, violently, I Couldn't breathe, but anyway, I put my arms as sharp as I could and I started to advance between the people when a gap appeared. 

Three songs later I was looking Ozzy, Tommy and Gizzer just in front of me. I sang as loud as I could, I couldn't rise my arms (and seriously I was very surprised by that), someone stepped my foot and took me out my shoe, a man was recording and another hit his hand and his phone flew away. Ha ha, a mess.

And just in the middle of that commotion, Ozzy talked and said: "The next song, you can sign if you want". War Pigs started. I wanted to record it, but I remembered the man and his phone, so I just entered to the mosh. It was the climax for me, I was living a crazy dream. 

After that I was all sweated, people looked at me while I was leaving the crowd. I bought a lot of beers, I didn't knew where my friends was, so I started to walk between the people, talking with them while the band were playing better songs, and I found a friend, Corvi, from the school too, so we stay together 'til the end of the concert.

I found another friend while I was searching Cristobal and Sergio, and then my best friend called me and said: "Oe, guess who was listening' the concert on the street?, I found a group of punkies that wanted to enter to the concert the damned way, but we couldn't, so we bought some beers and sang outside the stadium, ha ha, like wolfs howling at the moon".



 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Say Cheese!

To the Rising Sun